Where Two Or More Are Gathered..........

This is the place where all are welcome to join in and engage in spiritual, uplifting and intellectual conversation.Please do join us,won't you.....

Tuesday, June 14, 2005

The Race Card



All throughout my life , I have heard the term , "the race card", used to describe and justify many incidents and situations! Often, it is used by whites who need to label a situation in which race is involved, but want to make it a point that race has nothing to do with an issue!! I have come to the conclusion that first , whites cannot determine anything about race concerning blacks simply because they are not of the affected group! Secondly, race has to do with EVERYTHING, at least from my point of view!!

Many are quick to say, well, that's the reality in which you choose to look at things. Others say , we live in a color blind society today in which race is no longer an issue!!!Of course , most of these people are guess what....White!!! I know that I may come across as an angry black guy who chooses to see race as an issue. Well, I am a man who has experienced life in many different settings, and I can honestly say that as a black man living in the United States, race is a BIG factor in everything!!

Let's start from present and work our way backwards, shall we!!!Yesterday, Michael Jackson was found "NOT GUILTY" by a jury of his peers. I was not present for the trial, so I don't know the details, and the testimony given. However, I made it a point to watch Fox to see what angle they took on the matter. This is a trick I frequently use to see where white Republicans are going with a certain topic!! Suprisingly enough, Fox stayed fairly neutral, until the end of the trial , then their true colors came shining through!!!Fox played it neutral until just before the end of the trial , then poured on the anti Jackson propaganda . They even went as far as to show the cell that Michael would serve out his conviction, and describe his daily routine and how he would be stripped of his wig and nose!!One day after the trial, I have noticed that many whites believe that he should have been found guilty!!!Based on what? Were they present at the trial? Did they hear the full testimony of the witnesses? NO, they are reacting from the media's interpretation of the event, not the facts of the matter!!

The other big story has been the disappearance of Natalee Holloway in Aruba! Musafir posted a very interesting article about how America has fallen into the "Damsel in Distress" syndrome! Basically, this means that the US media frequently focuses on stories in which white , petite , women are made into national headlines whenever something happens to one of them. Cases such as this , as well as Chaundra Levy, Laci Peterson, the runaway bride, etc., all are used to reinforce a message. Each year, literally thousands of women , and men for that matter, disappear , or is murdered. The US media likes to focus on petite white women because it puts them up on a pedestal as the thing to most cherish in society!!Two "natives" were originally arrested for her disappearance and their images were beamed across the globe , but it turns out that it was actually three "white Dutch men" that are being held for her disappearance!!!I have had trouble finding photos or footage of these three men!! I know these photos exist, I just find it less accessible than those of the two black men that were originally held!!


From O.J. , Kobe, and now Michael, it seems that race should no longer be an issue in the US, but these events only serve to bring out the reality of just how prevalent race is in today's society!! After all, with the 80 year old ring leader of the 1964 murders of three men during the "freedom summer" in Philadelphia, Mississippi set to go on trial, and the senate issuing an "apology" for not acting against lynching in America, it seems that we have come a LONG way........The problem is it took such a LONG time and we still have a LONG way to go!!Maybe I'm just playing the race card!!

56 Comments:

Blogger Patches said...

Soundboyz
Well, I knew you wouldn't quit!!!
Patches

Tue Jun 14, 02:00:00 PM 2005  
Blogger soundboyz said...

^LOL!!

Patches,

I won't quit!!!I'm not a quitter!!!!

I just would like to say that although I am not old enough to have been present, I do recognize that many whites were responsible for the civil rights movement as well as the freeing of slaves and the end of Jim Crow!!I have watched documentaries about the Weathermen and other groups that put their lives on the line for blacks!!!

I do understand that not all whites are racists!!I do know from personal experience that some whites are fully aware of the plight of blacks and are instumental in equality and justice for all!!!

I am speaking of some whites who continue to use race as a tool to blame their woes as well as justify the unfairness of racism!!I know they reside in all sections of the country as well as both political parties!!!

One has to think about the foundation and roots of this country to understand that racism is something that is woven into the fabric of this society!!It was the basis for the development of this country !Something so deeply rooted and instrumental to the beginnings of this country should not be expected to be neutralized with ease!!

Tue Jun 14, 02:50:00 PM 2005  
Blogger Oddybobo said...

Just a quick comment about the Aruba story, one reason everyone is all over it -not to say it isn't because a white AMERICAN teen went missing - is because this kind of violent crime is almost non-existent in Aruba. Believe it or not, Aruba is a peaceful principality and barely ever has criminal activity to deal with so the story has been splashed across the media for more than just because she was a pretty white teen. Race is probably a factor, it sells stories I guess. Whether she is black or white it is still an anomoly for Aruba and we would still be reading about it.

As for Michael, in the criminal world, reasonable doubt sets you free. I still think he is a pediphile, but my opinions are just that, and not valid in a court of law. It has nothing! Nothing! to do with race, but that is mainly because I haven't figured out what race Michael is. What it has to do with is he is a 46 year old single man who likes to play house with little boys, read porn and get sloshed. While it is acceptable for a 46 year old man to drink and read porn, it is unacceptable for him to play house with little (unrelated) boys, whether something untoward has happened or not.

Tue Jun 14, 03:11:00 PM 2005  
Blogger Oddybobo said...

Oh, and it wasn't three dutch guys. it was the original two local security guards, and then later one dutch teenager and his two friends from Surinam. Only the dutch guy is actually white.

Tue Jun 14, 03:21:00 PM 2005  
Blogger soundboyz said...

Hi Oddybobo!! I hope your trial went well! I thank you for your comment, it was very well put!!


I understand that Aruba is an exceptionally friendly place , but I still think that the fact that she was a petite, white female had something to do with the mass coverage of the story!!!I do see where it was an anomaly for Aruba!!But how do you explain the runaway bride blaming Mexicans for her abduction, or Susan Smith blaming a black carjacker, or countless other stories of petite , white females getting such worldwide attention!!!You must know that black women go missing ALL DAY LONG!!!

As far as Michael is concerned, I cannot argue with you on that one!!He should not be in the company of children ,sleeping and drinking around them!!

Tue Jun 14, 03:28:00 PM 2005  
Blogger soundboyz said...

>Oh, and it wasn't three dutch guys. it was the original two local security guards, and then later one dutch teenager and his two friends from Surinam. Only the dutch guy is actually white.

Yea, but Oddybobo, I saw footage of the original two natives all day long when they were arrested!!!I only saw a glimpse of the three people now being held!!They all look white to me! Anyway the main suspect is a Dutch dude!!!Last year there was one murder and six rapes recorded . This year there have been two murders and three rapes. Why didn't we hear about those?

Tue Jun 14, 03:39:00 PM 2005  
Blogger Imara said...

^Because they were probably non-white natives. I hope that if this missing girl (I pray they find her alive- I have to brush up on the details of the story) were black, she would get the same kind of coverage.

As a black woman, I can't help but agree that we don't receive the same coverage (which translates into respect) that whit women receive.

I think Michael is guilty. I hope that both him and the boy get the help they both need. If he really is a pedophile, the chances are he will strike again. If the boy was really molested, that greatly increases the chances that he will molest someone. What a shame.

Tue Jun 14, 03:49:00 PM 2005  
Blogger soundboyz said...

Imara, I always thought that you were technically a petite , white woman!!!I guess we no longer go by the paper bag rule!!!:(

Tue Jun 14, 03:58:00 PM 2005  
Blogger soundboyz said...

>As a black woman, I can't help but agree that we don't receive the same coverage (which translates into respect) that whit women receive.

Imara, you sound like Rodney Dangerfield right about now!!!Hey Imara, why don't you "go missing" and see if anyone goes looking for you?

Tue Jun 14, 04:11:00 PM 2005  
Blogger soundboyz said...

>I think Michael is guilty. I hope that both him and the boy get the help they both need. If he really is a pedophile, the chances are he will strike again. If the boy was really molested, that greatly increases the chances that he will molest someone. What a shame.

Imara, I cannot say if Michael Jackson is guilty!!I do agree that if Michael has a problem, he should get help!!Also, if the boy was molested then you are right, he is now a high risk to molest!!I just don't buy all of the boy's reasons for fingering Michael Jackson!!!:(

Tue Jun 14, 04:38:00 PM 2005  
Blogger soundboyz said...

Also, when asked about his feelings regarding the verdict, a spokesman for Michael Jackson said that he was deeply touched!!

Tue Jun 14, 04:41:00 PM 2005  
Blogger Two Dogs said...

Well, I can say that for a fact, Michael is NOT GUILTY, because that is the truth. Something about a jury doing their thing.

Tue Jun 14, 05:03:00 PM 2005  
Blogger Oddybobo said...

Imara, I would hope too that if a black woman were missing in the same way that we would hear about it.

Soundboyz, one reason you are not *seeing* too many pics of the boys is because they are all under 18. And the other two are most certainly not white! They don't all look alike (notice I said they as I am not white).

The two murders were reported to be drug related so that is probably why they didn't get much coverage and the rapes were probably of native Arubans as Imara said. This case is unique as it is an American teen vacationing in Aruba who was possibly abducted, killed, raped, who knows. That is why we are seeing so much of this.

You are right, women of color go missing everyday and we don't hear all those stories. It is a phenomenon of the press and their need to splash a sensational face on their pages or shows. As for the runaway bride or Susan Smith, I don't know what to say about either, but that they are deranged and have their own personal prejudices.

Perhaps it is also a phenomenon of those who scream the loudest get heard first?

Tue Jun 14, 05:15:00 PM 2005  
Blogger Duppy0077 said...

Well it may not be worth much but I would like to add my two bits. I for one followed the case, as did many, and I was convinced that Michael was guilty for one sole reason: The teenage boys. I should know alot about a mid-teenage boy because I am one. There is no amount of money that any one could pay me (or any one of my friends that I've talked to) to confess about being raped unless it happened for real. It would be hard enough to get a boy at their age on the bench and tell what really happened. It would be harder to get a guy to make the whole thing up because at least when it really happened you are trying to bring justice. If you are making it up then you are telling the whole world that something like that HAPPENED to you when it didn't. Like I said no amount of money could bring me to make up something like that.

Another issue that ,I thought, had a go in the case (as I did not even consider race) is culture statis. A lot of people did not want to accept that Michael Jackson, someone they once admired, would do something like that. Like I said, it may not be worth much but that is my two bits.

Tue Jun 14, 07:04:00 PM 2005  
Blogger soundboyz said...

duppy0077, it's good to get the perspective of a teen . I agree with you that no amount of money should be able to get a teen to lie about being molested. However, this boy belonged to a family that "specialized" in running scams and lying for money!!I don't know if any amount of money would get a normal teen to do such a thing, but I think this teen was out for money when he fingered Michael!

Tue Jun 14, 09:36:00 PM 2005  
Blogger soundboyz said...

Oddybobo, you are correct, the two brothers are NOT white!!!But the main suspect is!!I just finally saw something about the case!! I think you might be right about the age being a factor why their images were not out there , but they most certainly are now!!

You are funny Oddybobo, you're right , all whites do not look alike. :)

Tue Jun 14, 09:38:00 PM 2005  
Blogger soundboyz said...

Oh, the boy just released a statement calling the verdict outrageous!!He declined to talk about the molestation,only saying that it was still a very sensitive area!!:(

Tue Jun 14, 09:42:00 PM 2005  
Blogger Two Dogs said...

soundboyz, for what it's worth, I'm laughing at your comments.

>for money when he fingered Michael!

>it was still a very sensitive area

Good stuff.

Tue Jun 14, 11:38:00 PM 2005  
Blogger Imara said...

SB, if I go missing you better come looking for me, damnit!!

Wed Jun 15, 10:37:00 AM 2005  
Blogger soundboyz said...

> soundboyz, for what it's worth, I'm laughing at your comments.

two dogs, I'm glad you find humor in such a serious matter!!For what it's worth, I laugh at your spew all the time!!! Just don't think that we're back to being buddies or anything like that!!!:)

Wed Jun 15, 12:04:00 PM 2005  
Blogger soundboyz said...

> SB, if I go missing you better come looking for me, damnit!!


See, the problem is not that black women don't get reported on, they just don't go missing. The real problem is white men keep losing their white women!!That's the real issue!!Why do white men keep losing their white women? Black men seem to do a good job because you NEVER hear about a black woman missing!!!That just doesn't happen. But just in case Imara, make sure that you have your cell phone on you!!!And wear bright clothing, preferably an orange reflective vest!! Oh, and stay in a group!!Good luck !!!

Wed Jun 15, 12:12:00 PM 2005  
Blogger soundboyz said...

> Well, I can say that for a fact, Michael is NOT GUILTY, because that is the truth. Something about a jury doing their thing.

Not to mention that during the trial it was suggested that the boy had ulterior motives for pursuing the case against Michael. During the trial , the boy admitted that Michael had stopped giving him money for expensive trips and toys! The boy later admitted that by not giving him any more money ,Michael had rubbed him the wrong way!:(

Wed Jun 15, 12:27:00 PM 2005  
Blogger Two Dogs said...

>Michael had rubbed him the wrong way

Heh.

Wed Jun 15, 12:40:00 PM 2005  
Blogger soundboyz said...

Since the trial , the boy and his family have gone into seclusion. A family spokesperson stated that the boy just wanted to be left alone!!He also says that this whole ordeal has left a bitter taste in his mouth!!

Wed Jun 15, 12:45:00 PM 2005  
Blogger Oddybobo said...

oh stop! That is so bad.

Wed Jun 15, 02:00:00 PM 2005  
Blogger Two Dogs said...

No, Oddy, he said it, I heard it on the radio this morning.

Wed Jun 15, 02:22:00 PM 2005  
Blogger Imara said...

I know Soundboyz!! Can't you see the boy ended up getting hurt in the end?!! Good Lord. Have you no shame.

Wed Jun 15, 02:25:00 PM 2005  
Blogger soundboyz said...

> oh stop! That is so bad.

Oddybobo, I"m sorry!!:( It's just that Michael Jackson gave so much of himself to make this kid happy, and the boy betrayed Michael!!

Wed Jun 15, 02:31:00 PM 2005  
Blogger soundboyz said...

> I know Soundboyz!! Can't you see the boy ended up getting hurt in the end?!! Good Lord. Have you no shame.

But Imara, Michael bent over backwards to please this kid and he just ended up getting jerked around!!!! Now,Michael says that he will no longer let boys in his bed!!

Wed Jun 15, 02:36:00 PM 2005  
Blogger soundboyz said...

You know , people forget that Michael Jackson is very vulnerable!!Yet , he opened up and left himself exposed to this little boy and ended up getting hurt behind it!!

Wed Jun 15, 02:47:00 PM 2005  
Blogger Imara said...

Maybe now, Michael has learned his lesson. I just hope he goes on to live a peaceful life and rears his children well. Doh. Okay, I admit I went too far. :(

Wed Jun 15, 03:36:00 PM 2005  
Blogger Imara said...

SB: Now,Michael says that he will no longer let boys in his bed!!

Well, didn't he sing about 'keeping it in the closet'?? I hope that's not where he's taking them next.

Wed Jun 15, 03:38:00 PM 2005  
Blogger soundboyz said...

Imara, I expected better from you!!!You have sunk to an all time low!!!You know Michael is NOT GUILTY of those charges!!!He is only guilty of being friendlier and fondler(SP?) of children than the average adult!!

Wed Jun 15, 03:54:00 PM 2005  
Blogger Imara said...

^I'm sorry, Soundboyz. I was just swept up in the moment. That's what I get for hanging out with this crowd! ;)

Wed Jun 15, 03:59:00 PM 2005  
Blogger Patches said...

If any of you go missing, just call on me. I,ve got a nose for finding things

Wed Jun 15, 04:34:00 PM 2005  
Blogger soundboyz said...

>I'm sorry, Soundboyz. I was just swept up in the moment. That's what I get for hanging out with this crowd! ;)

Imara, just make like Michael's accuser and just beat it!!

Wed Jun 15, 05:23:00 PM 2005  
Blogger soundboyz said...

> If any of you go missing, just call on me. I,ve got a nose for finding things

Thanks Patches!!!It shouldn't be hard to find Imara, she always smells like Beggin' Bits!!

Wed Jun 15, 09:23:00 PM 2005  
Blogger Imara said...

SOUNDBOYZ: Thanks Patches!!!It shouldn't be hard to find Imara, she always smells like Beggin' Bits!!

LOL!! Ya know SB, for someone who's never met me, you sure claim to know a lot about my physical appearance! Stop having wild fantasies about me. I'm not a smelly, petite, white woman. And for your information, the only way I'd smell like "beggin' bits" is if I was in the company of YOU!! So if I do go missing, I hope I'm with you, so that Patches can find me.

Thu Jun 16, 10:35:00 AM 2005  
Blogger soundboyz said...

^ Imara, why are you getting SO defensive!!!It's not a bad thing to be a petite , smelly, white woman. At least when you go missing, folks will be looking for you, and Patches can sniff you out !!!You're right , I don't know you but I am willing to bet that you have the eyes of the "runaway bride" !!!You know , that one ol' crazy eye!!@0.

Thu Jun 16, 12:06:00 PM 2005  
Blogger soundboyz said...

Imara, did you see the link that blackneck provided in the comments section of the last post about 9/11?

Thu Jun 16, 12:07:00 PM 2005  
Blogger Imara said...

Not defensive! %) (crazy runaway bride look)

I just saw the link. I'm going to read it now.

Thu Jun 16, 02:00:00 PM 2005  
Blogger soundboyz said...

>%) (crazy runaway bride look)


LOL!!!LOL!!!

Thu Jun 16, 02:10:00 PM 2005  
Blogger musafir said...

Re: Jennifer Wilbanks, the runaway bride. She has sold exclusive rights to her story for $500,000.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20050616/od_afp/afplifestyleusbridetv_050616173522
Perhaps that was the game plan.

Sat Jun 18, 10:48:00 PM 2005  
Blogger soundboyz said...

^ Musafir,you might be on to something. I think you might have figured out the method in her madness. I will definitely check this out !!Thanks for the link!!

Sat Jun 18, 11:07:00 PM 2005  
Blogger soundboyz said...

You know Musafir, I think she has tapped into something here!!!Think about it, a white woman who runs away from her fiance just before she is to marry, just so she can indulge in wild, uninhibited, lustful sex !!This sounds like a blockbuster....well, at least a movie on Lifetime!!!:(

Oh, and she is not shy about giving made up details about her "assault"!!She should write trashy romance novels!!!%)

Sun Jun 19, 03:10:00 PM 2005  
Blogger Imara said...

I watched part of her interview with Katie Couric last night. I really think that she is really sick or this was a calculated act on her part. She didn't seem remorseful at all! The funniest part was when she tried to make herself cry!! LOL!! The fiance is a bigger nutcase then her, though.

Because her "story" stemmed from a crime, she should be prohibited from monetary gain.

Wed Jun 22, 02:16:00 PM 2005  
Blogger soundboyz said...

>Because her "story" stemmed from a crime, she should be prohibited from monetary gain.

I agree!!! If that's the case, then I was abducted by aliens!!!They probed ME!!And I don't mean illegal aliens!!

Wed Jun 22, 02:37:00 PM 2005  
Blogger Imara said...

^LOL!!! That sounds more like a porno movie than a Lifetime movie of the week. Yeeewww!!

Wed Jun 22, 02:45:00 PM 2005  
Blogger soundboyz said...

> ^LOL!!! That sounds more like a porno movie than a Lifetime movie of the week. Yeeewww!!

Imara...........WHAT THE HELL TYPE OF PORNO MOVIE ARE YOU WATCHING?

Any normal person would think it sounds like a SCI-FI flick!!!But, OK, whatever floats your boat!!!!:(

Wed Jun 22, 03:30:00 PM 2005  
Blogger Imara said...

Soundboyz, did I say anything about watching that type of movie?!! I just said it would seem more like that type of movie. *waving pointer finger back and forth* Tisk, tisk, tisk. :)

Wed Jun 22, 04:00:00 PM 2005  
Blogger soundboyz said...

^ Whatever Imara Luv!!!!:}

Wed Jun 22, 04:14:00 PM 2005  
Blogger ASouthernGirl said...

Really good writing. I live in the South and agree with everything that you say. The world is changing much to slowly.

Wed Jun 22, 05:27:00 PM 2005  
Blogger soundboyz said...

Finally, two dogs has turned into the little BITCH he was always meant to be!!

Thu Jun 23, 01:27:00 PM 2005  
Blogger Dean said...

It's seems as though you are just believing everything that the left is feeding you.

Do you not think you're good enough to do things on your own? Do you need these entitlement programs to "make it" in the USA? Do you honestlyl believe that "whites" aren't discriminated against?

Take affirmative action, that is a discriminatory policy towards WHITES.

Take Rap music. Keep listening to it man, "blacks" are the only people that continually push their own people down. Why is it sooo funny when Dave Chappelle uses the N word, but, "Oh it's soooo racist" when a white person says it?

OJ was guilty.
Kobe was guilty.
Michael was/is Guilty.

And yes, Killen was guilty too... all those bastards should fry for their crimes.

Dean

Fri Jun 24, 09:49:00 AM 2005  
Blogger Nzyme said...

Here's a link for you:

http://www.grouchyoldcripple.com/archives/000382.html

Tue Jun 28, 08:08:00 AM 2005  
Blogger Imara said...

Nzyme, the picture was hilarious, however, the article made me mad as hell. This guy has no idea what he's talking about.

Tue Jun 28, 12:37:00 PM 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home