Where Two Or More Are Gathered..........

This is the place where all are welcome to join in and engage in spiritual, uplifting and intellectual conversation.Please do join us,won't you.....

Monday, May 16, 2005

The Bible........Fact or Fiction?




About two weeks ago, I watched a program on The Learning Channel, or was it the Discovery Channel? Anyway, the program attempted to prove if the story of Noah's Ark could have been true. The program was very interesting and informative because it went about trying to prove the validity of the story by using the words in The Bible to try and analyze if ,in fact the story was credible.

The program went on to prove that the measurements of the Ark could not be true because the dimensions of the Ark would mean that it was the size of a modern day super tanker. The reason why this was impossible was because the Ark was made of wood , and this superstructure would have simply broken apart and sank. In order for the Ark to be the size listed in The Bible, it would have to be made of steel or some other substance that was strong enough to withstand the tremendous weight of a structure that size!

The program also went on to show that Noah could not have herded two of every species of animal unto the Ark. They went on to cite the number of species as being in the thousands, thus making it IMPOSSIBLE for this feat to be accomplished . They also proved that the food and water needed to sustain these animals would be just too much, and too heavy to load in any Ark.

The program basically disproved the story of Noah's Ark with information from The Bible. It also used computer generated graphics and programs , to illustrate the facts and analyze the probability of the information. The program went on to say that ancient tablets were found in Iraq(ancient Babylon), in which a very similar story to Noah's Ark, was found. What I found interesting, was that these tablets dated back before The Bible. It could not be proven definitively, but the program states with high probability that the story of Noah's Ark was derived from this story . Both stories were similar, yet the one found in Iraq, described Noah as a wealthy lawyer , who paid for the construction of a much smaller boat. The story found in Iraq, describes the overflowing of a river, not the flooding of the whole world.

Without boring one with further details, I just wanted to ask this simple question: Do you think that The Bible is fact or fiction? Is The Bible just man's attempt to try and set rules and divine law , through fictional stories ?

94 Comments:

Blogger Imara said...

Soundboyz, I think that the Bible was written to control the Masses, and the stories that it contains are mostly folklore. There was a time when only the Elders in the Church were allowed to read the Bible and interpret it for others.

Mon May 16, 12:27:00 PM 2005  
Blogger soundboyz said...

Imara, do you think that religious people , such as the Catholic Church, or Evangelists, also use religion to gain wealth? I mean, I don't know if God intended for the Catholic Church to posess so much wealth, while people are starving and homeless around the world. I was suprised to learn that the majority of Catholics are Mexican, and Latin Americans, who live in the poorest conditions!!!

Mon May 16, 12:51:00 PM 2005  
Blogger Imara said...

>Imara, do you think that religious people , such as the Catholic Church, or Evangelists, also use religion to gain wealth?

ABSOLUTELY!! Back when only certain people within the Church were allowed to read the Bible, the tithing requirements were a lot more strict, and "status" within the Church amongst it's memebers was based on wealth.

I didn't know that Mexicans and Latin Americans are the majority in Catholicism. I would have thought it would be Europeans, in particular, Italians, or maybe Irish. That being the case, it's really telling about what the Catholic Church's agenda. MONEY!!

Ever wonder why Churches are tax exempt? Makes me want to go out and get ordained, or something!

Mon May 16, 01:09:00 PM 2005  
Blogger soundboyz said...

>Ever wonder why Churches are tax exempt? Makes me want to go out and get ordained, or something!

LOL!!LOL!!LOL!!!!!Well, you wouldn't be the first or last to do so because of tax exempt status!!!!Let's see....you would join the list with Rev. Run, Pastor Mase, Creflo Dollar and a whole host of others that realize that 50% is a lot to pay in taxes!!!

Also, I read an interesting post on Musafir's blog pertaining to this church that expelled members because they didn't support Bush!!!!This is in violation of the law because as a tax exempt religious institution, one cannot lend support to political beliefs or candidates!!!

Mon May 16, 01:31:00 PM 2005  
Blogger Imara said...

>Also, I read an interesting post on Musafir's blog pertaining to this church that expelled members because they didn't support Bush!!!!This is in violation of the law because as a tax exempt religious institution, one cannot lend support to political beliefs or candidates!!!

I did hear about this. I think it was somewhere in North or South Carolina. But did you know that there is a bill in the works that would allow religious organizations to support political parties? This is just cotton pickin' crazy! What's next! I know, you can only vote if you're an active memeber of the "Right" church! Oppps, I better not say that too loud, it might actually give them the idea!

Mon May 16, 01:38:00 PM 2005  
Blogger Two Dogs said...

Well, this conversation needs a fork in the road, so here I am to save the day.

The Ark was extremely buildable even with the technology at hand thousands of years ago. If my math is correct, for the Bible to quote a 1:6 ratio, that stands for something.

Really high numbers on the animals put the count at around 40,000. Not unreasonable.

Why no questioning of the Leftist's Holy Book or any of the other's? They pretty much lead to the same places.

Oh, and just for further info, the Ark would be about 450 feet long. Even the Titanic was about twice this long at 883 feet. Tankers exceed 1000 feet.

Mon May 16, 01:39:00 PM 2005  
Blogger soundboyz said...

>Oh, and just for further info, the Ark would be about 450 feet long. Even the Titanic was about twice this long at 883 feet. Tankers exceed 1000 feet.


According to nautical engineers the longest wooden vessel ever built was 360 feet in length and was not seaworthy. Because of the wave action of the sea only wooden ships shorter than this will be seaworthy.The measurements of the ARK is given in cubits as being 300 cubits long by 50 cubits wide and 30 cubits high. A cubit in the OT was generally about 17.5 inches. However, an Egyptian royal cubit measured about 20.5 inches. Since Moses was educated in Egypt we must allow for the possibility that the longer measurement was meant here. The Ark, therefore, could have measured from 437 feet to 512 feet in length! It was not until the late 19th century that a ship anywhere near this size was built.

Mon May 16, 02:15:00 PM 2005  
Blogger Imara said...

>Why no questioning of the Leftist's Holy Book or any of the other's? They pretty much lead to the same places.

Two Dogs, what is the "Leftist's Holy Book"? I've not hear of this.

I'm not questioning whether or not the Ark was buildable, I'm in doubt of the whole story.

Mon May 16, 02:15:00 PM 2005  
Blogger Imara said...

>... It was not until the late 19th century that a ship anywhere near this size was built.

Yeah, yeah!! What Soundboyz just said!!

Mon May 16, 02:18:00 PM 2005  
Blogger soundboyz said...

> >... It was not until the late 19th century that a ship anywhere near this size was built.

Yeah, yeah!! What Soundboyz just said!!


LOL!!!LOL!!!LOL!!LOL!!!LOL!!!

Imara, you are funny!!!! :)

Mon May 16, 02:59:00 PM 2005  
Blogger soundboyz said...

>I'm not questioning whether or not the Ark was buildable, I'm in doubt of the whole story.

True!!!!I also question the WHOLE STORY!!!!It sounds like a fable that was written to scare people into believing or else !!!!

Mon May 16, 03:02:00 PM 2005  
Blogger Imara said...

>Imara, you are funny!!!! :)

I mean really... you just came from uptown with all that nautical knowledge!

Are you a seaman? *giggle*

>It sounds like a fable that was written to scare people into believing or else !!!!

The kicker is, it's seems to have worked! In this program, did they have any evidence that pointed in the direction that it might be true?

I think a lot of these stories were written to debunk science. The Catholic Church believed that all scientists were anti-religion and anti-God.

Mon May 16, 03:08:00 PM 2005  
Blogger Goldi said...

The Bible is definitely divinely inspired. Unfortunately, printing presses, translation (Armahic-Greek-Latin-Middle English) certain thing became askewed (think curse of Ham. God didn't curse him, Ham's father cursed him). Remember the King James version IS King James' version. In the beginning there was one Church. Then that church decided to have a name, the Eastern Orthadox Church. Then that church split and there was two the Eastern Orthadox Church and t the Roman Catholic Church. Then there was the Chrisitan Reformation, that begat many churches from the Catholic Churches. Yet, Eastern Orthadox remains the same.

Mon May 16, 03:16:00 PM 2005  
Blogger Goldi said...

And remember back in the day humans were more advanced :-)

Mon May 16, 03:19:00 PM 2005  
Blogger Imara said...

>The Bible is definitely divinely inspired.

Goldi, if the Bible was divinely inspired, then why would man change it to suit his desires? And that being the case, does it nullify the divine inspiration?

Mon May 16, 03:41:00 PM 2005  
Blogger Goldi said...

Nope certain truths are omnipresent. Like Jesus had hair likes sheeps wool and skin like brass ;-)

Mon May 16, 03:43:00 PM 2005  
Blogger Imara said...

>Nope certain truths are omnipresent. Like Jesus had hair likes sheeps wool and skin like brass ;-)

Okay... I see what you're saying. To add to that, if people only took the time to really research, they would understand that EVERYONE in the Bible had to have had hair of wool and feet of bronze, because of the region in which the events/stories took place.

Mon May 16, 03:58:00 PM 2005  
Blogger soundboyz said...

>I mean really... you just came from uptown with all that nautical knowledge!

Are you a seaman? *giggle*

Imara, don't even!!!!!

But seriously Imara, this is how you have to deal with all of these religious zealots!!!!

Mon May 16, 04:08:00 PM 2005  
Blogger soundboyz said...

>The kicker is, it's seems to have worked! In this program, did they have any evidence that pointed in the direction that it might be true?

NO!!

They tried to examine it from a practical and straight forward p.o.v., but , all evidence points to the story as being fictitious.

Mon May 16, 04:11:00 PM 2005  
Blogger soundboyz said...

>I think a lot of these stories were written to debunk science. The Catholic Church believed that all scientists were anti-religion and anti-God.

True..true...true....PLUS, if ONE DID try and diverge from religion, you were labelled a witch, or a sorcerer and burned at the stake as a heretic.The ultimate censorship!!!!!!

Mon May 16, 04:16:00 PM 2005  
Blogger soundboyz said...

> And remember back in the day humans were more advanced :-)

I disagree Goldi!!!!!!Humans thought the world was flat and that the universe revolved around us until relatively recently!!!

Mon May 16, 04:21:00 PM 2005  
Blogger soundboyz said...

Goldi, I don't think that the Bible was divinely inspired!!!I think that it is a bunch of stories and parables put together to scare man into conforming to certain rules!!!!

How can you prove that the Bible was divinely inspired?And don't tell me what GOD supposedly said!!!!!!

Mon May 16, 04:26:00 PM 2005  
Blogger soundboyz said...

> >Nope certain truths are omnipresent. Like Jesus had hair likes sheeps wool and skin like brass ;-)

Okay... I see what you're saying. To add to that, if people only took the time to really research, they would understand that EVERYONE in the Bible had to have had hair of wool and feet of bronze, because of the region in which the events/stories took place.

OK, this is what i'm saying!!!!If we know for a FACT that these things are wrong, why can't we make the leap that everything is made up!!!!!Personally, I don't think that the Earth was destroyed by flood!!!!There is NO evidence to support that!!!!!Plus , how can you believe accounts from people that didn't understand the concept of the "whole world"!!!Plus , who was the eyewitness to these things if everyone perished except for Noah and his family? Don't tell me, Noah kept a journal.....

Mon May 16, 04:31:00 PM 2005  
Blogger Goldi said...

Soundboyz said > I disagree Goldi!!!!!!Humans thought the world was flat and that the universe revolved around us until relatively recently!!!

Read Ivan Van Sertima's "They Came Before Columbus". Africans were all over the Americas, particularly Central and South. The Olmec head(s) is/are archeological proof.

Another case in point Pyramids. Can't make 'em now. Plus how do you think the Mayans & Aztecs obtained their knowledge? They are our cousins.

Two things every religion (Christian or otherwise) talks about a time when giants/gods walked upon the Earth and a great flood.

And for the record. I'm not a Christian, but I do believe the Bible is inspired and was the first of the divinely inspired BOOKS, then came the Quran (I'm not Muslim either) and I believe there may be one more...

Mon May 16, 06:12:00 PM 2005  
Blogger soundboyz said...

Goldi, I understand what you meant by ancient humans being more advanced, but I still disagree!!!!I watched another documentary on PBS, I think, in which scientists attempted to build a modern day pyramid with tools from ancient times. They were sucessful in building a smaller scale pyramid with nothing else but rope, a kite, and a series of pullies, levers and wenches. Pyramids most certainly can be built today with ease. I think the point you are trying to make is that we cannot understand today how people of those times were able to build them with the limited technology that existed. I think it was done with pure brute force from slavery(think America), and using pullies and levers.Plus, I think anything can be accomplished if given enough time!!!

Tue May 17, 09:18:00 AM 2005  
Blogger soundboyz said...

>Read Ivan Van Sertima's "They Came Before Columbus". Africans were all over the Americas, particularly Central and South. The Olmec head(s) is/are archeological proof.

Thanks Goldi, I will look into this!!!:)

Tue May 17, 09:19:00 AM 2005  
Blogger soundboyz said...

>Two things every religion (Christian or otherwise) talks about a time when giants/gods walked upon the Earth and a great flood.


Goldi, where is the evidence to support this???!!!Scientists can uncover Dinosaur bones and other skeletal remains of creatures past. Where the HELL is the GIANT human bones? It is a FACT that Dinosaurs lived and walked this earth!!!It is evident in fossils and such!!!!There is NO proof , to my knowledge,that giant men walked the earth !!!!If we can find Dinosaur bones, then we can certainly find one giant human femur!!!!We might as well believe in Jack and the Beanstalk!!!!!:(

Tue May 17, 09:25:00 AM 2005  
Blogger soundboyz said...

>And for the record. I'm not a Christian, but I do believe the Bible is inspired and was the first of the divinely inspired BOOKS, then came the Quran (I'm not Muslim either) and I believe there may be one more...

Goldi, you are most definitely entitled to your beliefs!!!I don't question that !!!However, I am talking about proof, actual proof, not blind faith!!!!

If I taught you from a baby that the Wizard of Oz was a religious story, you would be trying to tell me now that you believe it to be truth because of your faith!!!

Tue May 17, 09:30:00 AM 2005  
Blogger Goldi said...

Sounboyz > If I taught you from a baby that the Wizard of Oz was a religious story, you would be trying to tell me now that you believe it to be truth because of your faith!!!

Dinos...ok. Man NEVER evolved from monkeys. Apes are apes and always will be.

The bottom line is God. The Creator of all things. Everything else *yawn* is subject to debate.

I read the last post what's the dilly yo-yo with Nzyme. I posted on her site, haven't heard from her.

Let me add scientists to my dating roster too - they are amusing at best.

Tue May 17, 10:21:00 AM 2005  
Blogger soundboyz said...

>Dinos...ok. Man NEVER evolved from monkeys. Apes are apes and always will be.

Are you saying this based on fact, or just because you don't FEEL so.:(

>Let me add scientists to my dating roster too - they are amusing at best.

Goldi, who the HELL is NOT on your roster? Let's see......we have artists, lawyers, musicians,actors, producers, scientists......OK ,you're missing firemen and radiologist !!!

Tue May 17, 10:44:00 AM 2005  
Blogger Imara said...

>And for the record. I'm not a Christian, but I do believe the Bible is inspired and was the first of the divinely inspired BOOKS, then came the Quran (I'm not Muslim either) and I believe there may be one more...

Goldi, there are several "divinely inspired" books. Just about every religion has one. Why do you think the Christian Bible came first?

Tue May 17, 11:41:00 AM 2005  
Blogger Imara said...

>what's the dilly yo-yo with Nzyme. I posted on her site, haven't heard from her.

I haven't heard from her either...

Tue May 17, 11:42:00 AM 2005  
Blogger Goldi said...

Soundboyz > Goldi, who the HELL is NOT on your roster? Let's see......we have artists, lawyers, musicians,actors, producers, scientists......OK ,you're missing firemen and radiologist !!!

I so want a fireman! I just need construction worker (...wait dated that too).*Gasp!* I've dated the entire Villiage People!

Tue May 17, 12:11:00 PM 2005  
Blogger Goldi said...

Soundboyz > Are you saying this based on fact, or just because you don't FEEL so.

Don't tell me you believe what you read and are told.

Do you really believe some fat German dude slides down your chimney at on 12/25?

The Torah/Old Testament are pretty old.

Imara: African religions (which are past via oral traditions has Christianity beat by at least 4,000 years). West African ones by 3,000 (fact).

Rumour has it that Wil Shakespear wrote part of the New Testament - King James Version.

And yes I believe Atlantis existed also.

Tue May 17, 12:18:00 PM 2005  
Blogger soundboyz said...

>I so want a fireman! I just need construction worker (...wait dated that too).*Gasp!* I've dated the entire Villiage People!

LOL!!LOL!!!LOL!!!!!LOL!!LOL!!!

You are one SICK puppy Goldi!!!!!:)

Tue May 17, 12:22:00 PM 2005  
Blogger soundboyz said...

>Don't tell me you believe what you read and are told.

Do you really believe some fat German dude slides down your chimney at on 12/25?

Goldi........are you using the Jedi mind trick again, because this is the point that I'm trying to make to YOU!!!!You have beliefs and faiths based on things that you are taught or told that have NO proof except blind faith!!!!!At least with the theory of Evolution, there is actual proof to support the fact that man has evolved into the species that we are NOW!!!!Although , I think you might have some catching up to do, LUCY (monkey woman)!!!!!

Tue May 17, 12:28:00 PM 2005  
Blogger Goldi said...

Soundboyz > because this is the point that I'm trying to make to YOU!!!!You have beliefs and faiths based on things that you are taught or told that have NO proof except blind faith!!!!!

Yoda you are not. Crap cut you must. Actually, I rarely do as I am told, and believe even less. My life's path is divinly inspired at best.(Ooo I made a rhyme).

Seriously, the Spirit reveals Truth. With all religions (man-made) and science (man-made constructs based on man-based evidence and theories) it is still human construct thusly flawed. With religion you will find common ground/truth in all of them. Its the allegory, translations, yadda,yadda,yadda that are confusing.

Tue May 17, 12:39:00 PM 2005  
Blogger Imara said...

>Imara: African religions (which are past via oral traditions has Christianity beat by at least 4,000 years). West African ones by 3,000 (fact).

Okay... I think we might be on the same page Goldi, just to make sure, you're not saying that the Bible is the first "life instruction", you're just saying it's the first "written" one?


>Seriously, the Spirit reveals Truth.

Goldi, you're totally on point with this one!

Tue May 17, 12:49:00 PM 2005  
Blogger Goldi said...

Imara > Okay... I think we might be on the same page Goldi, just to make sure, you're not saying that the Bible is the first "life instruction", you're just saying it's the first "written one"

Riiiiiiiiiight!

Girl, ya had me skerred. I thought I was talking to Soundboyz.

Tue May 17, 12:55:00 PM 2005  
Blogger Goldi said...

Soundboyz: Hey I've never dated a butcher (um...yes I have). Okay never a baker or a candlestick maker.

Tue May 17, 12:58:00 PM 2005  
Blogger soundboyz said...

>>Seriously, the Spirit reveals Truth.

Goldi, you're totally on point with this one!
What spirit? What if it's the spirit of loved ones or relatives?What Truth?
What Point????? On her head???????
Listen, why is it that God decided NOT to talk to people anymore????????

Tue May 17, 12:59:00 PM 2005  
Blogger soundboyz said...

>Yoda you are not. Crap cut you must. Actually, I rarely do as I am told, and believe even less. My life's path is divinly inspired at best.(Ooo I made a rhyme).

What if you found out that the "divine inspiration " was actually from a deceased ancestor or relative? Would you still have belief in "religion"?

Tue May 17, 01:02:00 PM 2005  
Blogger soundboyz said...

>mara > Okay... I think we might be on the same page Goldi, just to make sure, you're not saying that the Bible is the first "life instruction", you're just saying it's the first "written one"

Riiiiiiiiiight!

Girl, ya had me skerred. I thought I was talking to Soundboyz.

LISTEN PEOPLE, ANCIENT AFRICAN RELIGIONS DEALT WITH SPIRITS FROM DECEASED ANCESTORS AND MULTIPLE DEITIES. IT IS OBVIOUSLY NOT THE SAME AS THE CHRISTIANITY THAT THEY WERE TAUGHT AFTER THE WHITE MAN BROUGHT IT TO THEM TO SAVE THEIR HEDONISTIC SOULS!!!!!!(THANKS WHITEY)

Tue May 17, 01:05:00 PM 2005  
Blogger soundboyz said...

WHAT IF I SAY THIS.......

RELIGION IS AN ATTEMPT TO EXPLAIN THE SPIRIT WORLD THAT CANNOT BE SEEN IN THIS DIMENSION. BECAUSE WE CANNOT SEE IT TO UNDERSTAND IT, HUMAN BEINGS HAVE BEEN TRYING TO EXPLAIN IT FROM THE BEGINNING OF HISTORY!!!!WE ALL KNOW THAT GOOD OVERCOMES EVIL, BUT WE DON'T KNOW WHY...SO, WE HAVE SOUGHT TO EXPLAIN IT BY DEVELOPING STORIES AND CHARACTERS, ALL IN AN ATTEMPT TO TRY AND EXPLAIN IT!!!!!WHAT IF IT IS ALL AS SIMPLE AS NEWTON'S THIRD LAW OF ENERGY: ENERGY IS NOT CREATED OR DESTROYED, IT JUST TRANSFERS FROM ONE FORM TO ANOTHER!!!!SO, THE ENERGY THAT ENABLES HUMANS TO "LIVE" DOES NOT DIE WHEN THE BODY DOES, BUT EXISTS IN AN ENERGY STATE UNDETECTED BY THE PHYSICAL STATE. SO, IF SOMETHING TELLS YOU TO GO LEFT , INSTEAD OF RIGHT, MAYBE IT'S THE SPIRIT ENERGY OF YOUR DECEASED GRANDMOTHER, AND NOT SOME INTRICATE NETWORK OF "RELIGION" WITH ALL OF IT'S CAST OF CHARACTERS!!!!!!

Tue May 17, 01:24:00 PM 2005  
Blogger Imara said...

>Girl, ya had me skerred. I thought I was talking to Soundboyz.

LOL!!

Tue May 17, 01:53:00 PM 2005  
Blogger Two Dogs said...

Goldi's point about lost knowledge was a very good one. The Pyramids would be an excellent example because even though we could reproduce that effort now, the knowledge was lost until about 1890. Plus the cost today would be so great that no one would try. Concrete is another example of lost knowledge. Think pozzolano.

The wooden boat theory from soundboyz is absolutely false. Physics tells us that with the proper ratios and knowledge, the Ark was very buildable. And personally I believe with Divine intervention, even more so.

With the Biblical size quoted, the only thing that would be missing is a drag-stone anchor and the Ark would be able to withstand any wave on the planet which would include rogue waves in excess of 100 feet tall.

Just my two cents, and a great debate. Open-mindedness is a good thing.

Tue May 17, 02:01:00 PM 2005  
Blogger Imara said...

I definately think that "religion" and "spirituality" are two different things. I'm not sure what/who the "spirit" is. I do know that it's greater than me, and when I submit to it, it has always lead me in the right direction.

Tue May 17, 02:02:00 PM 2005  
Blogger Imara said...

>Open-mindedness is a good thing.

So true, Two Dogs. I think, too often, fear keeps folks from being able to embrace it.

Tue May 17, 02:05:00 PM 2005  
Blogger Goldi said...

Soundboyz: Let me break it down.
> Listen, why is it that God decided NOT to talk to people anymore????????

Acording to Christianity the Mosaic Dispensation is over.This when God talked directly to the fathers (Moses, Abraham,etc). I assume this is what you are talking about.

Within other spiritual realms of thought one meditates. Learning to meditate is not instant it takes years to cultivate.

Yes, the Ancestors communicate as well, but they communicate differently.

If you want to hear God, try talking to Him.

Tue May 17, 02:28:00 PM 2005  
Blogger Goldi said...

Hey, if I can agree with Two Dogs there is a God!!!

Tue May 17, 02:30:00 PM 2005  
Blogger Goldi said...

And another thang... A beautiful balance is encountering a person who is both Spiritual and religious (not dogmatic there is a difference).

And...Soundboyz needs Jesus, Muhammed, Yeshua, I-N-I, Orisha somebody!

Tue May 17, 02:33:00 PM 2005  
Blogger Two Dogs said...

Goldi, you and I agree more than you know.

Tue May 17, 02:36:00 PM 2005  
Blogger Imara said...

Goldi, if dispensation is over, are you saying that when I meditate, that's not God that speaks to me? I believe that God can and will reveal his plan to anyone that will accept it.

Tue May 17, 02:38:00 PM 2005  
Blogger Imara said...

>And...Soundboyz needs Jesus, Muhammed, Yeshua, I-N-I, Orisha somebody!

Now Goldi, here's where you and I really agree!! LOL!

I also believe there is a God, I'm just not so sure about the authenticity of the books in the Bible.

Tue May 17, 02:41:00 PM 2005  
Blogger Goldi said...

Imara - We are now in the Twilight/Christian dispensation - this is when Istarted totune out my high school Sunday Bible class teacher (they thought I was a heretic anyway...).

During the Mosaic dipensation it was the booming voice in the sky burning bushes,etc. I didn't say I believed it. The Lord would only speak to men?????

There are some books that were removed but still used the Apocrypha (use still by some Catholics) and the Kebra Negast - Glory of Kings (used by Rastas).

Tue May 17, 02:49:00 PM 2005  
Blogger Goldi said...

Imara - when you meditate that divine voice you hear is the Lord. Now if it says Sounboyz is the greatest submit to him and be his wife. Runaway! Runaway! Runaway!

Two Dogs > Goldi, you and I agree more than you know. What? That (some) drag queens are pretty?

Tue May 17, 02:54:00 PM 2005  
Blogger soundboyz said...

>The wooden boat theory from soundboyz is absolutely false. Physics tells us that with the proper ratios and knowledge, the Ark was very buildable. And personally I believe with Divine intervention, even more so.


Right Two Dogs, you know MORE than the scientists who conducted the study!! Right , Divine Intervention!!!That's the best way to make something believable that's NOT!!!!!


>With the Biblical size quoted, the only thing that would be missing is a drag-stone anchor and the Ark would be able to withstand any wave on the planet which would include rogue waves in excess of 100 feet tall.

Bullshit!!!!!The program showed that the boat could not have been that size and loaded with thousands of animals, water, and food, and float !!!! BULLSHIT!!!! But, I guess you'll just chalk it up to divine intervention!!!!!


>Just my two cents, and a great debate. Open-mindedness is a good thing.

That's about ALL it's worth TOO!!!How the HELL would YOU know about open mindedness?!?!?!?!?!?

Tue May 17, 03:02:00 PM 2005  
Blogger soundboyz said...

>I definately think that "religion" and "spirituality" are two different things. I'm not sure what/who the "spirit" is. I do know that it's greater than me, and when I submit to it, it has always lead me in the right direction.

Imara, maybe the"spirit" is alcohol in your case!!!!!LOL!!!LOL!!LOL!!LOL!!!

Tue May 17, 03:04:00 PM 2005  
Blogger soundboyz said...

> >Open-mindedness is a good thing.

So true, Two Dogs. I think, too often, fear keeps folks from being able to embrace it.

AGAIN, .....Imara, How the HELL would he know!?!?!?!?!?!

Tue May 17, 03:05:00 PM 2005  
Blogger soundboyz said...

>Acording to Christianity the Mosaic Dispensation is over.This when God talked directly to the fathers (Moses, Abraham,etc). I assume this is what you are talking about.

Yes Goldi, this is what I was referring to!!!!I thought God said he would not talk to anyone else.....Sounds suspect to me!!!!!

Tue May 17, 03:07:00 PM 2005  
Blogger soundboyz said...

>And...Soundboyz needs Jesus, Muhammed, Yeshua, I-N-I, Orisha somebody!

Goldi, can you introduce me. I'm sure you've dated them already!!!!!:)

Tue May 17, 03:09:00 PM 2005  
Blogger soundboyz said...

> Goldi, you and I agree more than you know.

OH CTS!!!!!!:(

Tue May 17, 03:09:00 PM 2005  
Blogger Imara said...

>when you meditate that divine voice you hear is the Lord.

Are the Lord and God the same Deity?

(Don't worry, if I hear him say that about Soundboyz, I'll know it's the Fallen Angel trying to get me to come over to the dark side!)

>The Lord would only speak to men?????

Yup, it's stuff like this that make me wonder about the rest of the Bible...

Tue May 17, 03:10:00 PM 2005  
Blogger soundboyz said...

>Goldi, if dispensation is over, are you saying that when I meditate, that's not God that speaks to me? I believe that God can and will reveal his plan to anyone that will accept it.

NO Imara, that's NOT God, it's you're paranoid schizophrenia talking!!!!!!:(

Tue May 17, 03:12:00 PM 2005  
Blogger soundboyz said...

> >And...Soundboyz needs Jesus, Muhammed, Yeshua, I-N-I, Orisha somebody!

Now Goldi, here's where you and I really agree!! LOL!


LOL!!LOL!!LOL!!LOL!!LOL!!LOL!!LOL!!!:(

Tue May 17, 03:13:00 PM 2005  
Blogger Imara said...

>Imara, maybe the"spirit" is alcohol in your case!!!!!

Very cute, Soundboyz, but I don't partake of the "Jesus Juice". An altered state is the playground of the Devil!! I'm just kidding... sorta.

Tue May 17, 03:16:00 PM 2005  
Blogger soundboyz said...

>There are some books that were removed but still used the Apocrypha (use still by some Catholics) and the Kebra Negast - Glory of Kings (used by Rastas).

Goldi , Rastas smoke Ganja and worship Haile Selassie also, but I don't see a connection with facts!!!!

Tue May 17, 03:16:00 PM 2005  
Blogger Imara said...

>NO Imara, that's NOT God, it's you're paranoid schizophrenia talking!!!!!!:(

I knew it, cause this morning when I was meditating it was saying some really bad things to me! :)

Tue May 17, 03:17:00 PM 2005  
Blogger soundboyz said...

>Imara - when you meditate that divine voice you hear is the Lord. Now if it says Sounboyz is the greatest submit to him and be his wife. Runaway! Runaway! Runaway!

Goldi, you're just mad because I'm BLESSED!!!!!!!And I don't think you need meditation to figure out what I MEAN!!!!!LOL!!!!

>Two Dogs > Goldi, you and I agree more than you know. What? That (some) drag queens are pretty?

On Point!!!!!TRUE!!!!

Tue May 17, 03:19:00 PM 2005  
Blogger soundboyz said...

>Very cute, Soundboyz, but I don't partake of the "Jesus Juice". An altered state is the playground of the Devil!! I'm just kidding... sorta.

See, it's that wishy- wasiness that lets me know that you're a backslider!!!!

Tue May 17, 03:21:00 PM 2005  
Blogger Imara said...

>See, it's that wishy- wasiness that lets me know that you're a backslider!!!!

I think you misunderstood my "sorta" comment. It's hard to explain, but I "sorta" believe that being in an altered state sometimes allows evil spirits to mess with your subconscious. I choose to live my life in clarity, so that I am always open to the right influences. No disrespect to those that partake, though. To each his own.

Tue May 17, 03:34:00 PM 2005  
Blogger soundboyz said...

^ Imara, I understood what you meant and I agree totally!!!!

Tue May 17, 03:44:00 PM 2005  
Blogger Goldi said...

Imara - Lord, God, Olodumare, Olorun, Allah, the Creator, The One That Has No Beginning or End...

Soundboyz - Not all Rastas partake of the "sacrement" and when they do it is supposed to be used while meditating, during a chant down, reading the Bible.

They do not worship Haile Selassie. Who is factually part of the line of David, they believe he was the second coming. This all has to do with prophesy and WWI.

Incidentally it is the Ethiopians that have the Ark of the Covenant. A lot of Rastafarians also worship under the Eastern Orthadox Church.

Unless you have truly studied or practiced try to be objective about religious groups....except for the Nuwabians and Jehovah's Witnesses their batty!

Tue May 17, 03:51:00 PM 2005  
Blogger Imara said...

>except for the Nuwabians and Jehovah's Witnesses their batty!

LMAO!!!

Tue May 17, 03:55:00 PM 2005  
Blogger Owen said...

I don't think the Bible is either fact nor fiction, but instead stories that have been edited and adjusted to fit the mood of the times. The stories are meant as letters and lessons to help guide the people at the various times they were written. You can't expect people to comprehend the big bang and billions of years, so you tell the story of Adam and Eve and creating the world in 7 days.

Tue May 17, 03:57:00 PM 2005  
Blogger Imara said...

>Imara - Lord, God, Olodumare, Olorun, Allah, the Creator, The One That Has No Beginning or End...

For some reason, when I hear people refer to the "Lord", I think that they mean "Jesus". Must be from those CCD classes I had back in grade school.

Goldi, your knowledge has sparked my interest to research religion more. I have explored Christianity, Judaism and Islam, but I will definately look into some of the teachings that you have mentioned. Thank you sistah!

Tue May 17, 03:59:00 PM 2005  
Blogger soundboyz said...

>I don't think the Bible is either fact nor fiction, but instead stories that have been edited and adjusted to fit the mood of the times. The stories are meant as letters and lessons to help guide the people at the various times they were written. You can't expect people to comprehend the big bang and billions of years, so you tell the story of Adam and Eve and creating the world in 7 days.


TRUE! Thank you Owen!!!!!!!Finally, someone that's not talking fly buzz in my ear!!!!!!

Tue May 17, 04:01:00 PM 2005  
Blogger soundboyz said...

>Goldi, your knowledge has sparked my interest to research religion more. I have explored Christianity, Judaism and Islam, but I will definately look into some of the teachings that you have mentioned. Thank you sistah!

Imara, while you're at it, why don't you look into Frosty the Snowman, and Peter pan also!!!!!?Sistah!!!!!

Tue May 17, 04:03:00 PM 2005  
Blogger soundboyz said...

>Goldi, your knowledge has sparked my interest to research religion more. I have explored Christianity, Judaism and Islam, but I will definately look into some of the teachings that you have mentioned. Thank you sistah!

Better yet.......why don't you look into writing another POST, sistah!!!!!!

Tue May 17, 04:04:00 PM 2005  
Blogger Goldi said...

Owen > Adam and Eve and creating the world in 7 days.

7 days to God is like 7 billion for man.

Imara: Thanks I searched and studied for 16 years before I made upmymind about my path. It's all about loving God.

My main issue with Christianity is that many think Jesus is God. God is God.

Soundboyz is crackedout crazy.

Tue May 17, 04:14:00 PM 2005  
Blogger soundboyz said...

>Imara: Thanks I searched and studied for 16 years before I made upmymind about my path. It's all about loving God.

Goldi, I totally agree with this!!!!!!

>My main issue with Christianity is that many think Jesus is God. God is God.

I totally believe this also!!!!!!!!


>Soundboyz is crackedout crazy.


You LOST me right here!!!!:(

Tue May 17, 04:18:00 PM 2005  
Blogger Goldi said...

Yes Soundboyz, you are lost.

Tue May 17, 04:51:00 PM 2005  
Blogger Two Dogs said...

Again, Goldi and I agree.

Tue May 17, 05:08:00 PM 2005  
Blogger Imara said...

Goldi, I have to agree... I think it's about loving and honoring God. I also don't believe that Jesus and God are the same. I don't believe that Jesus should be worshipped in anyway.

Wed May 18, 09:15:00 AM 2005  
Blogger Goldi said...

I do believe he was a prophet and in his miracles. Hey he was a radical Afrikan. You don't crucify gentle pacifists. But he is not God.

Wed May 18, 10:09:00 AM 2005  
Blogger Imara said...

^Goldi, it's really nice to know that there are other people who hold similar beliefs as me. It's assurance that my beliefs are based in truth.

Wed May 18, 11:19:00 AM 2005  
Blogger soundboyz said...

^ Ditto!!!

Wed May 18, 11:42:00 AM 2005  
Blogger musafir said...

Count me among the skeptics.

Wed May 18, 04:45:00 PM 2005  
Blogger Duppy0077 said...

Of course it's all true. Nothing can be proven by ignorant men because God has not givin men enough intelligence to understand his miricles. Noah did all of the things he did through God. "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me" Philippians 4:13 This explains as everthing need to be explained. Noah wouldn't have been able to do it if he just uppin said "Hey i think i'll build a really big boat" but he was compailed though Christ. That is how i know that the story is true.

Thu May 26, 03:48:00 PM 2005  
Blogger soundboyz said...

>Of course it's all true. Nothing can be proven by ignorant men because God has not givin men enough intelligence to understand his miricles. Noah did all of the things he did through God. "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me" Philippians 4:13 This explains as everthing need to be explained. Noah wouldn't have been able to do it if he just uppin said "Hey i think i'll build a really big boat" but he was compailed though Christ. That is how i know that the story is true.

Now, I am in NO way a Biblical scholar, but didn't christ come way AFTER Noah?

And furthermore, what a great thing to just place everything on something that cannot be proven!!!It's like me saying that GOD spoke to me last night!!!You can't disprove it , but I can be adamant it's true because I have faith and you don't!!!!!

Fri May 27, 02:45:00 PM 2005  
Blogger Duppy0077 said...

The human form of Christ came after Noah yes but the Son has existed on the right hand side of the Father forever. And your right, something that can't be seen or heard can't be proven. It is through faith alone that we know that God exist. I can't see the oxygen that I am breathing but I know that it is there. I dought that you have ever seen your brain but I'm sure that one is there. You use faith to prove so many other things so why can't you rely on faith to know that God is over all things???

Sat May 28, 12:25:00 AM 2005  
Blogger soundboyz said...

duppy0077, I understand your point about not being able to see God and having faith that he exists!!!However, your examples were not accurate in making a correlation of God's existance.

First of all, I have not seen my brain, true, but I can see other brains from other individuals that have been autopsied. It is a FACT that everyone has a brain!!!This requires no speculation or faith!!!As far as oxygen is concerned, it is true that oxygen is invisible, but oxygen is real and can be isolated and tested in real life!!!Oxygen can be stored in containers and measured with gauges!!

I understand the point that you are making, however I think your examples do not adequately make your point!

Sat May 28, 04:58:00 PM 2005  
Blogger Duppy0077 said...

ok soundboyz. i guess that i can't get you to believe in something that you can't have physical evidence to believe. I don't suppose that you believe that you will be going to hell either do you? I'm not insulting you (you seem like a very intelligent person and someone pretty easy to get along with), i simply want to know. And i guess that i will just have to pray for you and hope that you will come around before it is too late.

Mon Jun 06, 05:34:00 PM 2005  
Blogger James Baker said...

I just came across your blog and wanted to
drop you a note telling you, Friend, how impressed I was with it.
I give you my best wishes for your future endeavors.
If you have a moment, please visit my site:
computer ram
It covers computer ram related contents.
All the best!

Wed Dec 28, 06:39:00 AM 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home