Where Two Or More Are Gathered..........

This is the place where all are welcome to join in and engage in spiritual, uplifting and intellectual conversation.Please do join us,won't you.....

Wednesday, March 23, 2005

First and Foremost...Step One.


Slave Ship Diagram

It is not my intention to be divisive or antagonistic,but I feel in my heart that this topic should, and will be the first subject to be put out there. I am not going to argue about who was behind it, who profited from it, who suffered from it, who is alive and not alive that are related to it, or who are the descendants of it. I will simply treat this like the first step of a twelve step program that addicts go through, and address the denial portion of it. This is a diagram of a Slave Ship, one of many thousands that sailed from the Coast of Africa to the Americas. This is not a made up event. This is not half truths. This is not speculation, though I wish it was. We have to first understand what exactly took place and to what extent. This is just a representation of one(1) ship full of human beings, that were brutalized and robbed of every shread of dignity and decency. Many of these human beings never made it through this trip called "middle passage". No, many died from the inhumane conditions and were thrown overboard with such regularity, that it was said that sharks infested the routes taken by these vessels. I won't get into numbers, because we are not dealing with that now. I won't get into much of anything by way of actual statistics or facts, because as I stated before, I want everyone to just focus on the mere reality of this ! Step one, overcoming your denial or minimalization of the problem.Hopefully , I will go through the other steps in due time. For now, just think about that.

16 Comments:

Blogger Paul Mitchell said...

oh, this is a good start. I am so looking forward to this duet. I shall be your first commenter and I'll do my best to be your resident troll.

Wed Mar 23, 01:37:00 PM 2005  
Blogger Wayne World said...

Well, like Imara said so eloquently.....You are a TROLL Two Dogs!!!!JK...welcome and I hope you can behave yourself Two Dogs. No more outrageous , wild theories of made up fantasies, only the truth here.

Wed Mar 23, 01:44:00 PM 2005  
Blogger Paul Mitchell said...

Man, Blogroll just went down and I can't get back and forth to my trolling sites. And soundboyz, only truth is spoken from me anyway.

And I just noticed the no anon posts tag. Anonners, gotta hate 'em.

Wed Mar 23, 02:15:00 PM 2005  
Blogger Wayne World said...

>And I just noticed the no anon posts tag. Anonners, gotta hate 'em.

We might change that, gotta check with my partner.Also, I have to get a blogroll and all that other good stuff. I just added the counter.I will get this thing looking like Mean 'ol Meany in no time!!

Wed Mar 23, 02:21:00 PM 2005  
Blogger Paul Mitchell said...

I think that y'all have a little more profesional look already. Blogroll is back up. I just learned that if I surf from blogroll, everyone can track back to my site. Jacking the web for mad dust, you know.

Wed Mar 23, 02:44:00 PM 2005  
Blogger Wayne World said...

I appreciate the compliment . I have to learn about blogroll and all of that good stuff. I will add on as I learn.Thanks again for linking to us in your update.When I get the blogroll going I will add you.......well , first I have to run it by Imara, she might not approve of that!!!!

Wed Mar 23, 02:51:00 PM 2005  
Blogger Paul Mitchell said...

Silly woman. Oh, wait are you sure that she is a woman? Maybe she's just like an old white dude trying to pick up unsuspecting young men.....If I were you, I'd ask for photos proving that she is female.

Wed Mar 23, 03:01:00 PM 2005  
Blogger Wayne World said...

LOL!!!! I'm going to make sure that she sees this one!!! You're already in the dog house Two Dogs, I wouldn't go there.

Wed Mar 23, 03:13:00 PM 2005  
Blogger Wayne World said...

Hey Nzyme.....nice to see you .You sound a little upset about something......care to vent?

Wed Mar 23, 03:29:00 PM 2005  
Blogger Wayne World said...

Wow!! No joking, that was powerful and moving. I've said it before NZYME, you have the talent of writing. WOW!!I will check that link and follow up. Thank you very much for that, the poem and the link.

Wed Mar 23, 03:38:00 PM 2005  
Blogger Paul Mitchell said...

I have already been chastised. Off to a great start. I still am not convinced about her femininity. Proof, that's what I'm talking about.

I'm getting ready to put a picture of me on my blog, so y'all get ready to do the same. Nzyme has plenty.

Wed Mar 23, 04:54:00 PM 2005  
Blogger Wayne World said...

^Two Dogs, you're just asking for it!! You're going to get your proof alright!!!Oh, I don't have any pictures of me , just my license, and i'm not posting that mug shot!!We'll see!!

Wed Mar 23, 04:59:00 PM 2005  
Blogger Paul Mitchell said...

Oh, and send me the picture above. I can't see it well enough.

Wed Mar 23, 05:26:00 PM 2005  
Blogger Wayne World said...

Will do!

Wed Mar 23, 05:29:00 PM 2005  
Blogger Geekbird said...

wuddup Soundboyz. Good to see your branching off to your own blog, with the help of Imara of course. I need more interesting blogs to check out while I'm at work "working".

P.S. even though u retracted your battle rap against Goldi, it was still pretty ill. It was all in good fun.

Peace

Wed Mar 23, 11:02:00 PM 2005  
Blogger Wayne World said...

Wattup Geekbird, I appreciate the props on the battlerap. That's the first time I ever did something like that.It's not my kind of thing, but Goldi needed to be taught a lesson. It was only in retaliation to her rap, then she reminded me that her comment was in response to a comment I did make about her being the ghetto Martha Stewart! So, I had to retract. Hey, I went on your blog yesterday to add you to my blogroll, but you don't have one. As soon as I learn how to add you without using blogroll, I will do so.Tell Goldi I said hello, and I am sorry if she got served.

Thu Mar 24, 08:25:00 AM 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home