Where Two Or More Are Gathered..........

This is the place where all are welcome to join in and engage in spiritual, uplifting and intellectual conversation.Please do join us,won't you.....

Monday, July 25, 2005

Death Toll From War On Terrorism Reaches Almost 9,000

At the start of the war on terrorism, President Bush personally ordered that no pictures be taken of flag draped coffins as they arrived home. He claimed that it was out of respect of the grieving families- even though most grieving families disagreed. According to the DoD, to date over 1,800 soldiers have been listed as killed in action. However, the number of military personnel killed in this war might actually be closer to 9,000. This is because U.S. Military Personnel who died in German hospitals or en route to German hospitals have not been counted as killed in action. As of January 2005, they total over 6,200. There are at least 15,000 that are listed as seriously wounded. As many as 5,500 have deserted. Iraqi civilian casualties have yet to be reported but International Red Cross, Red Crescent and UN figures indicate that as of 1 January 2005, the numbers are just under 100,000.

American's deserve to know the truth about what is happening to our brave soldiers.

14 Comments:

Blogger soundboyz said...

Imara, I applaud you for taking that courageous step and speaking out!!These are very disturbing figures!!

Tue Jul 26, 03:53:00 PM 2005  
Blogger Patches said...

Iraq Coalition Casualty Count
http://icasualties.org/oif/default.aspx

Wed Jul 27, 03:21:00 AM 2005  
Blogger Imara said...

soundboyz- I'm sure the numbers are even higher by now. These numbers were a snapshot from January 2005- some six months ago! I don't understand why the DoD won't honor all of these soldiers? Are they ashamed of them...

Wed Jul 27, 02:14:00 PM 2005  
Blogger Imara said...

Patches, I appreciate the link. I thought it was interesting that the Iraqis were listed as "Iraqi body count" and everyone else was listed as "killed'.

Wed Jul 27, 02:16:00 PM 2005  
Blogger soundboyz said...

> I don't understand why the DoD won't honor all of these soldiers? Are they ashamed of them...

Imara, I have so many negative feelings about this particular issue. I am saddened by the whole ordeal!!!

Fri Jul 29, 10:05:00 AM 2005  
Blogger soundboyz said...

Thanks for the link Patches!!It was very interesting!!

Fri Jul 29, 10:06:00 AM 2005  
Blogger Imara said...

It's so ironic. The Republican party claims to be the party of Patriotism. They claim to be for a strong military. Why the hell won't they honor these soldiers after they have laid down their lives for this country? These soldiers have done (in my opinion) the most patriotic thing you can do for this country.

Fri Jul 29, 02:52:00 PM 2005  
Blogger soundboyz said...

Imara, please control your emotions!!!The military does honor our fallen heroes!!!Look what we did for Pat Tillman!!!That man sacrificed his life for his country!!!I wonder if we are telling our children this message:Be like Pat Tillman!!!

Fri Jul 29, 04:51:00 PM 2005  
Blogger Imara said...

OH! Don't even get me started on the Tillman story!! I can't believe that they actually took the opportunity to LIE about his death to bolster their own war!! How low!! I'm glad that his family spoke up.

Mon Aug 01, 02:12:00 PM 2005  
Blogger soundboyz said...

Imara, all jokes aside, I TOTALLY agree with you!!I also didn't like how the military tried to exploit his passing!!!That was low!!!I really felt bad for the family, but I am also pleased that they chose to speak the truth and not become pawns in this sick , twisted, ordeal !!!

Tue Aug 02, 04:01:00 PM 2005  
Blogger Imara said...

To be honest, I didn't see what the big deal with him was to begin with?! I understand that he gave up his lucrative job to fight this war but, so didn't a bunch of other folks! Including a bunch of regular folks with families. From what I understand, he was a little "off" and felt like he had something to prove.

Wed Aug 03, 10:50:00 AM 2005  
Blogger soundboyz said...

>From what I understand, he was a little "off" and felt like he had something to prove.



Imara, you seem a little "off"!!!

Wed Aug 03, 11:09:00 AM 2005  
Blogger Imara said...

Oh, I'm "off" alright!! :)

Wed Aug 03, 02:50:00 PM 2005  
Blogger heidi258 said...

I am writing a paper on the war on terrorism. Any help would be greatly appriciated. Please visit my blog to leave a comment.

Thu Nov 10, 07:08:00 PM 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home